Distinctive Features of Jx9.
The following page enumerates distinctive features of the Jx9 Scripting Engine and the Jx9 Programming Language.
Feature of the jx9 Scripting Engine.
- Modern, clean and easy to use C/C++ API.
Thread safe and full reentrant.
Highly efficient and platform independent Bytecode compiler.
Efficient implementation of JSON arrays and objects using the hashmap data strcuture.
No fatal error, even a call to an undefined function will not abort Jx9 script execution.
- Very high code quality.
Amalgamation: All C source code for Jx9 are combined into a single source file.
Jx9 is 100% hand-coded (No Lex, flex, YACC, Lemon, etc.), written in ANSI C, compile and run unmodified in any platform including restricted embedded devices with a C compiler.
Garbage Collected via Advanced Reference Counting.
- Tiny memory footprint.
- Clean and well documented project.
- Highly available online support.
- Jx9 is an Open Source project.
Feature of the jx9 Programming Language.
- Turing complete programming language based on JSON.
- Dynamically typed programming language.
- Native support for Anonymous functions.
- Function overloading like C++.
- Full type hinting.
- Default values for function parameters.
64-bit integer arithmetic for all platforms.
Native UTF-8 support.
- Built with over 50 operators.
- Comma expressions.
- Support for static variables and constants.
- Rich standard library built with over 303 functions and 139 constants.
- Built-in sorting functions such as sort(), usort() and so forth uses the stable and efficient merge-sort algorithm.
- and many more, refer to the Jx9 Programming Language Reference Manual for additional information.
Useful links to start with.
|Jx9 In 5 Minutes Or Less
||Gives a high-level overview on the how to embed Jx9 in a host application with working examples implemented in C.|
|An Introduction To The Jx9 C/C++ Interface||Gives an overview and roadmap to the C/C++ interface to Jx9.|
|The Jx9 Programming Language
||The Jx9 programming language reference manual.|
||Get a copy of the last public release of the Jx9 scripting engine, start embedding and enjoy programming with.|
|Online Community Support||Need some help, join the Jx9 online community.|